[c-nsp] BGP order of operation

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Sun Apr 9 14:16:46 EDT 2006

Can someone point me at a Cisco doc that describes what BGP neighbor
statement takes preference or overrides another?

There is advertise-map, default-originate, distribute-list, filter-list to
name a few. Who overrides whom?  Example: if I have default-originate to a
neighbor but at the same time I have a distribute-list of "deny any", will
the 0.0.0.0 that default-originate wants to announce be blocked by the
distribute-list?  I can list many other examples but prefer not to lab
each of them to determine which bgp neighbor command is "stronger".  I am
just looking for a doc page that indicates the rules.

Thanks,
Hank