[c-nsp] PPPoE Session Limit?

Marko Milivojevic markom at pangalactic.net
Mon Apr 10 16:32:59 EDT 2006

> possibly some obscure bug, IMHO we should reject "ip address ..."
> command on a vtemplate alltogether, it doesn't make sense.

	This reminds me of a fun issue we had the other day. We use unnumbered
(loopback1) Virtual-Templates in a VRF. In that particular VRF, we were not
redistributing connected routes, instead we had all interfaces participate
in OSPF with network statements. Loopback IP was also there... Some may see
where this goes ;-).

	We were sending hello's on few thousand interfaces and CPU didn't quite
like it. To make things even more fun, there is no "passive-interface
default" in VRF in an image that suits our needs :-).

	Rejecting IP address in the config AND not treating "ip unnumbered x" as a
valid IP address for routing protocol participation would be great feature,
thank you ;-)

Marko.