[c-nsp] Cisco 7500 High Availability

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Mon Apr 10 16:54:13 EDT 2006

   I've got a customer with some 75xx that have dual RSP4s in them.
We've got identical dram/flash/12.0.32S code on them and I've started
fooling with the high availability stuff. I've received feedback from a
couple people on NANOG that this doesn't work very well - the four to
eight minute recovery RPR works, but the faster modes do not behave.

  Can anyone comment on this? I'd like to make it go for this guy, but I
don't want to spend forty hours learning all of the failure modes for a
software product that works better on other hardware platforms ...

--
mailto:Neal at Layer3Arts.com // IM:layer3arts
voice: 402 408 5951