[c-nsp] Cisco 7500 High Availability

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Mon Apr 10 22:45:36 EDT 2006

Rodney Dunn wrote:
> You should never run IPSEC on a 75xx other than just for
> management to/from the box. We strongly don't recommned it.

   We use it for ssh only.

> As long as you have enough memory to do dCEF you should be ok
> with SSO with the hardware and OSPF and BGP.

    The system fussed about CEF in conjunction with 802.1Q VLAN
trunking, so I shut it off :-( I guess I can redraw the picture and stop
using 802.1Q, but I really like being able to renumber things without a
lot of excitement ...

   I'll try doing a no VLAN/CEF config and see if that acts a little
better. Thanks for the tips.