[c-nsp] 6500 Physical Design..

Mark Tohill Mark at u.tv
Tue Apr 11 04:10:58 EDT 2006

Mike,

Thanks for that.

We're just hoping to upgrade a L2-only core comprising of stackable
switches, assorted.

The /30's to the edge routers makes sense.  I wonder what the pro's and
cons of L2 or L3 Etherchannel between switches?

The problem is we only have single Sup720's in each Chassis i.e one Gig
RJ-45 port ready to use. Also have one 48-port 10/100/100 blade in each
chassis. Is there anything can be done to maximize
resiliency/convergence with the single Sup's i.e their connectivity?

Thanks,
Mark