[c-nsp] Sup 720 dual engine configurations

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Wed Apr 12 17:55:58 EDT 2006

Depends on how long you can go without the Router.  If you are using it
at your core, how long can you be down?  And what kind of SmartNet
contract do you have.

We have decided that at one location we can be down 2 hours so we went
with one but got smartnet of 24x7x2hour and at another location we can't
be down so we have two 720 and 24x7x4hour smartnet.

>From my experience the redundancy on layer 2 interfaces have been two or
three Ping packets.  Layer 3 interfaces (ie FlexWAN) has been much
longer then that <60 seconds.

Hope that helps.

Scott