[c-nsp] High PPS load 12K cards

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Wed Apr 12 19:47:04 EDT 2006

Bifrost wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, W. Kevin Hunt wrote:
>> I need Gig-E line cards that can handle VERY high pps loads.
>
> GE-SC-GBIC-B seems to be it for single port GigE cards.
> If you end up with a 124XX you can get faster multiport cards.

The 3GE (GBIC, Eng2) and 4GE (SFP, Eng3) will run in a 120xx.  Eng2 will
do more pps than Eng1; Eng3 will do more pps (particularly with
features) than Eng2.  Additionally, the SIP-401 appears to be able to
hold the 2GE SPA; not certain on that or on how many 2GE SPAs would
function in that SIP.

124xx would be needed for the 10xGE, 1xTGE, SIP-501, or SIP-601 cards
(SIPs could then hold the 2xGE, 5xGE, 10xGE, or 1xTGE SPAs), and of
course they'll fit into the 128xx boxes as well.

pt