[c-nsp] Sup 720 dual engine configurations

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Thu Apr 13 13:51:20 EDT 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Voll, Scott wrote:

I have used Cisco routers for close to 20 years: http://tinyurl.com/l4jtj
and have yet to have the CPU die on me.  That is true for dozens of AGSs,
AGS+s, 7200s, many 7500s (RSPs) and now two 7600s (SUP720s), among my many
clients.  Everything else has failed at some point such as PAs, Flexwans,
GBICs, SFPs, but never yet the chassis or supervisor card.  That is why I
didn't suggest to buy redundant SUPs.

-Hank