[c-nsp] Cisco/OSPF/EIGRP/7206/routing

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Fri Apr 14 11:53:30 EDT 2006

Observations:

On the router that is exporting routes:

core#sh ip route 10.1.0.0
Routing entry for 10.1.0.0/24
  Known via "static", distance 1, metric 0
  Redistributing via eigrp 1, ospf 1
  Advertised by eigrp 1 route-map FILTERDEFAULT
                ospf 1 subnets route-map FILTERDEFAULT
  Routing Descriptor Blocks:
  * 192.168.1.2
      Route metric is 0, traffic share count is 1

If I remove the redistribute static command from eigrp:

core#sh ip route 10.1.0.0
Routing entry for 10.1.0.0/24
  Known via "static", distance 1, metric 0
  Redistributing via eigrp 1, ospf 1
  Advertised by ospf 1 subnets route-map FILTERDEFAULT
  Routing Descriptor Blocks:
  * 192.168.1.2
      Route metric is 0, traffic share count is 1

You can see that this router is redistributing this route into eigrp and
ospf.

On this router's neighbor:

border#sh ip route eigrp | i 10.1.0.0
D EX 10.1.0.0/24

border#sh ip route ospf | i 10.1.0.0
border#

^(this behaviour is expected because a route will only appear in a
single protocol at a time).

If I look in the ospf database:

border#sh ip ospf database | i 10.1.0.0
10.1.0.0   192.168.1.1   885    0x80001707 0xF587   0

The entry does appear.

I suppose the question is:

Why, when I remove the command: redistribute static from the eigrp
config, on this 7206,
does the route: 10.1.0.0/24 not appear in OSPF?

Here is a little more background information incase it helps:

192.168.1.1 is Loopback4 on the 7206 it is used to bond multiple
interfaces together (Serial).

I have been through and through the configurations on both routers; and
I wouldn't ask such a ridiculous question if I hadn't.

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks,
Andrew