[c-nsp] Overclocking HSSI interfaces

Fetzer, Bryan BFetzer at bresnan.com
Mon Apr 17 10:31:24 EDT 2006

Would you mind disclosing what company this is? URL or any other
information is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan F

Hi,

we have a supplier who wants to sell us a satellite modem doing about
75Mbps throughput with one single HSSI connector. They claim they
already used this successfully with a standard PA-HSSI in a standard
7200 box (running full 75Mbps on HSSI).

Has anyone any experience with that? I seriously doubt it is possible at
all (not to talk about stability), since all documents I found regarding
HSSI talk about 52Mbps speed max and I don't think 50% overclocking is
possible at these rates.

Thanks,

Bernhard