[c-nsp] Var or Direct from Cisco

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Tue Apr 18 11:45:22 EDT 2006

            If you wanted to buy some new equipment would you go from
VAR or direct from Cisco for a purchase of this size?

2(124xx)

Configured as:

2 PRP-2

First As:

4x oc-12

1x 8-FE

1x 3-GE

Second As:

4x OC-3

1x 8-FE

1x 3-GE

I realize that is a pretty small purchase to Cisco but I am having a
hard time locating the 'right' people to sell me gear like this.

Not really a technical question but I would rally appreciate advice none
the less.

Also does anyone know what the roadmap looks like for the 12000, 7600?
Are we still looking at another 10 years for those platforms?

-Drew