[c-nsp] IPSec peers not responding - advice

Peter Hicks peter.hicks at poggs.co.uk
Tue Apr 18 17:01:19 EDT 2006

Hi Justin

Justin M. Streiner wrote:

> We normally configure remote VPN tunnels to have the remote side try to
> initiate the connection.  The routers at the remote sites are normally not
> under our control, so this made the most sense to us.  As for people
> powering off routers at the end of the day, if they're under your control,
> the easiest fix may be a big red sticker that reads "DO NOT TURN OFF" or
> something similar :-)

Do you have a configuration snippet on how to do this?  I'm guessing that I
need to turn something off on the hub router, but I'm not entirely sure.

The remote routers are all in our users' homes - some people are convinced a
SOHO97 will catch fire if they leave it switched on when they're not using it!

Peter.

--
Peter Hicks | e: my.name at poggs.co.uk | g: 0xE7C839F4 | w: www.poggs.com

   A: Because it destroys the flow of the conversation