[c-nsp] Automated configuration backups

Kevin Graham mahargk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 15:00:47 EDT 2006

On 4/19/06, Robert Blayzor <rblayzor at inoc.net> wrote:

> > $ scp router:startup-config router1-config
> > startup-config                                100% 7593     7.4KB/s   00:01
>
> Last I knew you could not automate this as it would require user
> interaction for authentication.

Sorry, it was an overly trivialized example, but Net::SSH2 and others
should give you the proper wrappers. You're still storing those auth
credentials on a server somewhere, but that's going to be a common
flaw with most any of the solutions other than the config archive
feature.

(All said, my personal preference is CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB; I haven't
looked recently, but COSI used to have a tool called Pancho that
implemented this nicely.)