[c-nsp] Cat 6000

W. Kevin Hunt khunt at huntbrothers.com
Tue Apr 25 08:15:39 EDT 2006

I have a 12k and an M40 at our border taking 5 full BGP feeds.  We want
to add another border router capable of an OC3 or DS3 feed in another
city for disaster prepardness purposes (We are in New Orleans and are
getting ready for the next hurricane season).
I have a Cat 6k, can I just add a MSFC2 w/ 512megs of RAM/PFC to my
Sup1A and a flexwan module to pick up the ds3 or oc3?
I have no experience w/ the MSFC2 or flexwan module so if there are any
gotcha's I'd like to know, but it'd sure be nice to use something in my
closet as opposed to buying another 12k or M5.

--
W. Kevin Hunt