[c-nsp] Multicast Issue

Jay Ford jay-ford at uiowa.edu
Thu Apr 27 11:55:25 EDT 2006

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> Is this CSCds22021 you are talking about?   -Hank

No, but it's related in that it seems to have the same root cause.  The
situation we saw was not just traffic in the opposite direction of that
intended, but PIM traffic from other ports showing up.  For example, I do a
monitor of port te1/1.  Not only do I get traffic on te1/1, but I also get
PIM on te1/2, te1/3....  Obviously, this behavior was very unhelpful.

Jay