[c-nsp] OIR Best Practices in Service Provider Networks

Chris Costa ccosta at cenic.org
Thu Apr 27 18:53:51 EDT 2006

I found some information on the nsp list about 6500 series OIR
experiences:
http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2005-April/019329.html

This information, along with our own successful OIR experiences will
allow us to move this process on this platform to a "non-interruptive"
maintenance window.  I'd like to know what experiences others have had
w/ 6500 OIR, and also what are some of the "best practices" followed by
Service Provider networks in supporting OIR across their network.  Are
you using vendor defined specifications to identify whether this
function is or is not service impacting, or do you baseline a certain
number of OIR instances during "interruptive" maintenance windows
before claiming this is non-impacting?

Thanks for your input.

Chris Costa

--