[c-nsp] Sup32 Memory upgrade

'Kristian Larsson' kristian at juniks.net
Fri Apr 28 04:43:27 EDT 2006

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 10:29:26AM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 07:20:27AM +0200, 'Kristian Larsson' wrote:
> > > The PFC3B defaults to 192k routes and is tunable to 239k, IIRC.
> > I was under the impression that it will hold 256K
> > routes and thus the system would hold for ~2-3
> > years.
>
> 256k TCAM entries, but they need to be carved up to "IPv4", "IPv6",
> "MPLS" and "multicast routes".  Not 256k + 256k + 256k + 256k, but
> 256k for everything in total.
Yes, I am aware, although I thought that you could
partition it 100% IPv4 and nothing else. It would
seem 244 something thousand is max for IPv4.
But that is good enough for me.

> Do a "show mls cef maximum-routes" and be surprised.
Not very surprised :)

Anyway, this is a bit off the original topic. I am
still curious what the different RAM memories on
the Supervisor and MSFC2 is for. There seems to
also be a small flash memory on the MSFC2, what's
it for?

Isn't there some great Cisco 6500 bible where you
can find everything you ever wanted to know about
the 6500? :)

  Kristian.