[c-nsp] Sup32 Memory upgrade

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Apr 28 04:55:18 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 10:47:42AM +0200, Elmar K. Bins wrote:
> Looks alright for the "foreseeable future". But actually,
> apart from upgrading to XL boards - what would be the
> platform of choice if we're talking Cisco? 73's don't
> seem to be bothered by static TCAM limits, but they
> simply cannot handle a few gbps, or can they?

7301/7200-NPE-G1 for "up to a gbit" (or less, depending on traffic)

Sup720/3BXL for "many (uncongested) gbit ports and many routes"
   [Sup720/3B or Sup32 plus "get rid of the unaggregated crap from other
        regions" filters for "many gbit ports and not so much investment"]

GSR for "non-gbit interfaces, more flexible queueing needed"

Some people will mention 7304, but I don't trust this platform - it's
too exotic, it might just go away over night (as the 7120/7240 did).

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de