[c-nsp] Cisco 75xx memory limitations wasRE: Sup32 Memory upgrade

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Fri Apr 28 22:42:08 EDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 11:00:11PM -0700, Scott Granados wrote:
> What would the limit for accepted routes be on a cisco 75xx running rsp4
> with 256 mb of memory?

It's not that simple because you have to evaluate the # of interfaces
(they take up memory), other features, IOS image size, etc...

> Assuming cef distributed.

dCEF just affects the amount of memory you need on the VIPs.

> Is it also 192K routes?

Again..not that cut and dry. You could ask for a 'sh mem stat' from
some folks on the list along with 'sh idb' and 'sh ver' to get a rough
idea.

I'd say 192K is probably putting you close to the edge with dual feeds
and many interfaces.

Rodney