[c-nsp] CoPP and mpls explicit-null

kostas anagnopoulos kostas.anagnopoulos at oteglobe.net
Sun Apr 30 08:49:35 EDT 2006

Sorry for the much delayed reply - just noticed your email...
I think there are at least two good reasons an explicit-null label (mpls) is
needed as opposed to an implicit-null label (no mpls).
One is that the implicit-null label breaks the diffserv "pipe" model lsp for
packets with one label in the stack - packets arrive at the egress PE
unlabeled.
The other reason is that rsvp-te supports only implicit-null labels in
non-IOSXR products. Because of that, directed ldp is needed in some cases,
in order to establish an end-to-end lsp.

Further, the fact that CoPP does not support MPLS (explicit-null) gives me
one more good reason to support your argument.

regards,
kostas