[c-nsp] PIX515 don't want to allocate ip address on interface.

Nikolay Pavlov quetzal at zone3000.net
Fri Aug 4 09:50:39 EDT 2006

On Thursday,  3 August 2006 at 17:11:26 -0400, Laurent Geyer wrote:
> On 8/3/06, Laurent Geyer <lgeyer at 085zehn.com> wrote:
> >
> > You're missing the default route.
> >
> > Try adding `route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <gateway IP>'.
> >
> > - Laurent
> >

> My bad, skipped right over the default route in your configuration.
>
> With your current configuration the outside interface should at least
> respond to ICMP echo requests, whether you have an access-group defined for
> the outside interface or not. Start by verifying your outside interfaces
> connectivity.
There is no problem with connetivity, i see even packets going there.
But i think that PIX simply do not use this ip address ( i've used even static arp
entry on router)

> Also, for the purpose of managing the Pix via the outside interface you have
> to define the hosts permitted to connect via SSH as follows:

I know all that things but the problem i think much more stupid
when i use "sh ip address" command to view current ip addresses it's
empty i see only configured ip's, but not allocated. Here it is:

x515-fw1-NY# sh ip address
System IP Addresses:
Interface                Name                   IP address      Subnet
mask     Method
Ethernet0                outside                206.53.57.54 255.255.255.192 CONFIG
Ethernet1                inside                 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0   CONFIG
Current IP Addresses:
Interface                Name                   IP address      Subnet mask     Method
It's empty here... And realy smash my head about this :)

Try it on your PIX device.