[c-nsp] IOS SLB and VRF Lite

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Fri Aug 4 15:33:38 EDT 2006

> Can anyone with IOS SLB with VRF-Lite deployments shed some
> light if SLB is supported in any VRF instance or just the
> default instance?

IOS SLB is supported with VRFs (Lite or otherwise), at least on
the Catalyst 6500 (PFC3 and better).

Actually, this was very surprising for me: Because there's no
way to enter VRF information for virtuals, services, etc. I
assumed[1] that they'd be in 'global' and not reachable from a
VRF. But in fact they're reachable from *all* VRFs.

I was sure this was a bug when I found out but it turns out to
be 'working as designed'.

-A
[1] 'I know: Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups'