[c-nsp] MPLS/VPN + Internet Setup

Ahmad Cheikh Moussa acm at netuse.de
Mon Aug 7 04:05:49 EDT 2006

Hi!

 >yes, vrf-lite is used for this purpose in several networks I'm aware >of,
 >so I'd call this still best current practice for most applications
 >(maybe not for some very security sensible folks who don't trust
 >VRF-lite segmentation on the CE).

 >You might need to spend some thoughts on the QoS part (if needed), >often
 >the requirement is to be able to use the full access speed for either
 >VRF/sub-interface, but still deploy some granular min-bw guarantees for
 >certain classes within the vrf.. this usually asks for a hierarchical
 >qos concept on the physical interface level.
 >
 >	oli
I have read this thread and I have a question.
Is this scenario possible with two routers and with
two diffent leased lines, so that both routers are
a backup for each other. The goal is that VPN and Internet
works all the time, as long as one router is up and running.

Regards,
  Ahmad

--
Ahmad Cheikh-Moussa