[c-nsp] 6500 sup32 v sup720

christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com
Mon Aug 7 11:36:42 EDT 2006

The IOS costs 10k to enable it as a (decent) router.

Internet
rblayzor at inoc.net

Sent by: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
07/08/2006 16:21

afoster
cc
cisco-nsp
Subject
Re: [c-nsp] 6500 sup32 v sup720

Alex Foster wrote:
> Im in the decision making phase of upgrading our existing BGP routers
> (3550s) to something more suitable to receive the full routing table
> etc;  Ive been looking at the 6500 - and have received some pricing for
> the sup32 and sup720 variants.  Problem is the pricing is almost
> identical - and I cant work out where the gotchas are...ie:  the sup720
> is capable of 32/256/720Gbps whereas the sup32 is only 32Gbps capable -
> where are the hidden costs here ?? What additional modules/hardware do I
> require when going from 32Gbps to say 256Gbps on the sup720 and what is
> the upgrade path.

WS-SUP32-GE-3B, $15,000 *list*
WS-SUP720-3BXL, $40,000 *list*

Not sure where you're buying your Sup's from, but if you get the nearly
the same pricing for both either you're paying to much for your Sup32 or
I need to start buying 720's from where you're buying them from.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

Stock item: We shipped it once before, and we can do it again, probably.

BNP Paribas Private Bank London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority