[c-nsp] APC Cabinets - Cisco Gear

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Tue Aug 8 16:09:11 EDT 2006

Paul Stewart wrote:
> Looking for feedback from people who have mounted Cisco GSR and Cisco
> 6509 switches into Netshelter SX enclosures?  We're adapting the APC
> enclosures as our standard and my biggest concern is around airflow on
> the 6509 (the GSR is front to back so I'm hoping that's not a problem)
> and also cable management for the 6509's.

Funny enough, we just went through this.  My advice would be to get the
30" wide racks for these units.  It will have extra room in the rack to
move air on both the intake and the fan output.  If that's not enough
APC makes a 2U Air removal unit just for side venting equipment.

As for cable management, same thing, get the 30" wide racks, not the
24".  They come with front and rear cable "port holes".

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.