[c-nsp] 6500 vs 7600

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Tue Aug 8 23:21:44 EDT 2006

> There are a few extra minor physical differences, card orientation on the
> 6509 etc, but the biggest difference is in the 06. The 7606 comes in a 7U
> form factor, with power supplies in the rear, while the 6506 comes as a
> much less attractive 12U with power supplies on the bottom. For my money
> (and rackspace), 7606 is a damned good chassis.

To complicate things a bit, is there any real difference between the 7606
and 6509-NEB-A chassis? Seems to me the card orientation and front-to-back
airflow are the only differences between the "regular" 6509 and the NEBS
version, and the NEBS version seems an awful lot like the 7609...

Seriously, we have been looking at this at work since the different
airflow patterns are a big concern with relay racks.

     -Bill