[c-nsp] OT: Multimode fiber question

Rick Coloccia coloccia at geneseo.edu
Wed Aug 9 12:15:31 EDT 2006

You will see loss where the 50u and 62.5u connect together when the
light is travelling from the 62.5u into the 50u, because there won't
be as much fiber to receive the light as there was fiber carrying the
light.  Depending on the link-loss budget of the entire path, you may
be fine, it may work unreliably, and it may not work at all.

-Rick