[c-nsp] VOIP - Economical Solution SOHO

Paul Stewart pstewart at nexicomgroup.net
Wed Aug 9 21:46:24 EDT 2006

Hi there..

We have a number of customers who have small Cisco boxes from us already
as part of a service offering (highspeed, managed Cisco etc.)

As we move into the VOIP arena I'm trying to find out a perfect solution
for a customer who has up to 3 phone lines and maybe 8 IP phones max.
This would be a typical SOHO deployment with either an 800 or 1700
series router.

Presuming it's a 1700 series box that could take a module or two - I'm
looking for the most basic way to take one POTS line and perhaps two SIP
connections into a router and off full PBX style options (probably not
voicemail due to cost - would provide that through our existing
voicemail systems)

This is a new area for me personally but I have a good grasp on VOIP
itself - I'm just trying to find economical ways to marry the two of
them...;)

Thanks,

Paul Stewart
Network Administrator