[c-nsp] Sup720 maximum memory?

Ed Butler ed.butler at rapidswitch.com
Thu Aug 10 06:13:58 EDT 2006

Is it possible to upgrade the System Memory on a base Sup720 above
512mb? The Cisco spec sheet says the following:

* WS-SUP720 supports 512MB of DRAM for the route processor and 512 MB
for the switch processor
* WS-SUP720-3B supports 512MB of DRAM for the route processor and 512 MB
for the switch processor, upgradeable to 1GB
* WS-SUP720-3BXL supports 1GB DRAM for route the processor and 1GB DRAM
for the switch processor

We've got some standard Sup720s that are looking quite low on memory
after putting on modular IOS and a few full BGP tables. Cisco page
indicates you can't upgrade it, but I am sure I've heard you can?

Regards,

Ed Butler
RapidSwitch Ltd
DDI: 020 7106 0731

RapidSwitch Ltd, 5th Floor, Sovereign House, 227 Marsh Wall, London, E14
9SD

This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information that may be confidential and/or copyright.  If you are not
the intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and
immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this
email by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or any attachments
are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the
responsibility of the recipient.