[c-nsp] ebgp vs ibgp admin distance

Fedorov, Konstantin kfedor at amt.ru
Thu Aug 10 10:15:38 EDT 2006

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a008009
4431.shtml

eBGP-iBGP only on the 7 step.

-----------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Konstantin Fedorov

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of
christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:58 PM
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Cc: david.ponsdesserre at uk.bnpparibas.com
Subject: [c-nsp] ebgp vs ibgp admin distance

Hi all,
This ought to be simple. If I have the same prefix coming from an ibgp
peer and an ebgp peer,
do I first compare the admin distance of the two protocols? Or do I
evaluate the weight, local pref,
as path yada yada and the admin distance last? Or does the admin
distance
only come into
play once its passed to the ip daemon itself?
Cheers
Christian.

**********************

BNP Paribas Private Bank London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority