[c-nsp] RTR/SAA on smaller platforms

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Fri Aug 11 13:00:41 EDT 2006

I have done a lot of SAA icmpecho and jitter probes on both the Cisco 1721
and Catalyst 3550 switches.  They work quite well and I haven't had any
issues. If you summarize the jitter statistics they can provide round trip
latency,max jitter, and packet loss with one test. The jitter probe does
require another Cisco device at the other end with "rtr responder" enabled.

I have used Cisco GSRs as well, but the distributed nature of the platform
throws off the jitter measurements.

Clinton Work	clinton at scripty.com
Calgary, AB