[c-nsp] 7206 Config Help - DSL Aggregration

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Thu Aug 17 17:44:59 EDT 2006

Paul Stewart wrote:
> Thanks.. Do you mean they choose based on user at domain and domain is the
> deciding factor?  If so, that's great - please send link...;)

No.  Depending on the PPPoE client, they either pre-configure a
"service" or "service provider" at setup time.  Some clients will prompt
you the first time the PPPoE discovery happens and a list of services
(or service providers) is echoed back from the PPPoE server.  It's not a
simple "login" thing.  I believe some PPPoE servers (like Redback) can
base the context off of the username entered, but I'm not sure the Cisco
can.  At least it didn't use to that I  know of.

The way I see it, you really have two options:
1)  Proxy RADIUS
2)  Get another PVC and place customers for the other server there.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

Mac OS X. Because making Unix user-friendly is easier than debugging
Windows.