[c-nsp] Retrieving running config via SNMP

Shakeel Ahmad shakeelahmad at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 16:25:04 EDT 2006

at first, i was using own scripts (CPAN mods.. Net::Telnet) to retrieve
configs...then we tried rancid (pretty good) BUT lacks some features like
automatic accouting matches...so every  time i had to run through two files
in paralel to track changes in a big network with distributed team
geographically...

Last, i tried Cisco Works RME .. solved my all issues - track changes with
reports and backup configs after every change automaticallly..im happy with
that as its easy for me to get a 24HRS reports of changes with every thing i
want...

Shakeel