[c-nsp] NPE-400

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Aug 21 07:47:32 EDT 2006

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Arie Vayner (avayner) wrote:

> I am not sure what is the expected lifespan for the NPE-400, but I would
> recommend looking at the NPE-G1...
> The performance difference between NPE-300 and NPE-400 is not that big,
> so the benefit of NPE-G1 would be much more drastic...

There's still a pretty big difference in price though (at least on the
open market...not sure about list), so if you're not running into
performance issues with NPE-300s, but need more RAM for BGP, how long til
EOL the NPE-400 has is worth looking into.

I suppose people have tried putting larger dimms in NPE-300s with negative
results?  Remember, the NPE-225 originally only "supported" 128MB, but
worked with 256MB.