[c-nsp] 7600 line card comparison

christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com
Tue Aug 22 04:41:31 EDT 2006

Thanks for the reply. We have quite an investment in 75s and 72s right
now, so the FlexWANs might
be for us. I'll need to trawl through cisco works to find out what cards
we have deployed, I guess.

My colleague tells me the FlexWAN cards are cheap on ebay right now, which
sounds as though people might have
decided they weren't the way to go after all and moved to one of the other
alternatives. That ring true with anyone?

Internet
dxz107 at gmail.com

Sent by: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
21/08/2006 18:02

cisco-nsp
cc

Subject
Re: [c-nsp] 7600 line card comparison

SIP/SPA is the way to go.

Many of the OSMs are being phased out by SPAs.  You can get similar
per-blade densities, somewhat lower per-port cost, and the capability
for mixed interfaces on a given slot.  However, SIPs aren't fully
caught up to the OSMs  - you can't get every imaginable interface in
SPA form (yet).

The flexwan stuff is really for someone who has pile of 7200/7301 PAs
and wants to re-use them in the 7600.  But the per-port cost is higher
(than SIP) and per-blade densities are lower.

On 8/21/06, christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com