[c-nsp] Permament IP addresses from DHCP

Bartosz Piec cisco at piec.info
Tue Aug 22 06:09:20 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm using Cisco 2821 router as a DHCP server.

Let's assume that I have a notebook. The situation looks like that:
- one day the notebook gets IP address 10.0.0.2
- every other day it gets still the same address, but...
- I go to the other place, connect my laptop there, get some IP address
from the local DHCP address (different than 10.0.0.2)
- I come back to my original place and my address changes to 10.0.0.3

Is it possible for router to remember (for some time) that my laptop,
with its MAC address, has always 10.0.0.2? I don't want to set static IP
address and I don't want to create a DHCP pool for every host in my
network but I want have permanent addresses in my hosts.

--
Best regards,
Bartosz Piec