[c-nsp] 2950 vs 2960

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Tue Aug 22 09:49:35 EDT 2006

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Siva!

Currently I have some WS-C2950G-24-EI's deployed in the field. We always
keep one on hand as a cold spare as well. We're thinking of starting the
migration to 2960's, but one question I have is whether, from an IOS
standpoint, a 2960 can be kept as a cold spare for a 2950 during the
transition; i.e. will I be able to take a backup configuration file from a
2950 and load it onto a 2960? i.e. is there backward compatibility in this
respect?

Maybe this question can't be answered with a simple yes / no, but I thought
I'd try nonetheless.

Thanks,
Adam