[c-nsp] 3845 + BGP + FW/NAT vs. 6503+Sup32 ?

Francois Corthésy fc at deckpoint.com
Wed Aug 23 03:29:14 EDT 2006

Hi Matthew,

Just a quick note about the Sup32-GE-3B, the 8 SFP are only GigE, not
10/100 compatible even though you can put copper SFP modules. So
depending on your neighboring equipments it can be a bit of a problem.
 From my understanding Cisco doesn't recommend using the 9th port for
anything else than management, yet its the only port that is
10/100/1000, but maybe others have had could experiences of using it as
a full fledged interface.

Francois.