[c-nsp] Strange SNMP issue

Steve Wright steve at stevewrightonline.co.uk
Wed Aug 23 05:44:52 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm currently faced with a very strange SNMP issue with 1 interface on a
router.

We have previously been collecting stats via MRTG for the past few years
with no issues, however we experienced a cable fault the other day so
changed to another interface temporarily, and then back to the interface I
am now experiencing issues with.

All other interfaces are returning the expected values, and when you
snmpwalk the router, you can see the interface and that it has a correct
value for the inOctets (interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets.7)

However, if I do an snmpget on the particular OID, it returns an error with
"Error in packet Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this
MIB." while the other interfaces (1-6,8-9) all return values perfectly fine.

I'm just wondering whether anyone has come across this situation before and
found a resolution?

Thanks,

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController - www.MailController.altohiway.com