[c-nsp] netflow on sup1a

christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com
Wed Aug 23 09:02:40 EDT 2006

Hello again helpful ones,

We're looking at implementing Crannog here, for which we need to tune all
of our netflow to its
fastest aging timers and export frequency. I've got the lads to test the
recommended settings
on a few platforms here, and while the 4500 with an onboard NSC did fine,
a 6k with sup1A hated
it and CPU usage jumped from around 15-20% to peaking at 80. The guys
backed out after
five minutes of that.

The device is running in hybrid mode. The PFC onboard supports Netflow I
believe, but I'm wondering
if this architecture first punts the packets to the SP before the ASIC
sees them or something?

The config they ran (just in CatOS, didn't get to the MSFC):

set mls nde <destination> 9991
set mls nde version 7
set mls agingtime long 64
set mls agingtime 32
set mls flow full
set mls nde enable

Cheers
Christian

BNP Paribas Private Bank London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority