[c-nsp] SDSL Aggregation on 1841

Ahmad Cheikh-Moussa acm at netuse.de
Sat Aug 26 07:00:51 EDT 2006

Hi!

On Jul 06, 06, Ahmad Cheikh Moussa wrote:
> >> Can I configure a 1841 with HWIC-4ESW to aggregate 4 SDSL 1Mbps lines to
> >> a virtuell line of 4 Mbps ? The SDSL modems are external and connected
> >> to the router via Ethernet. Therefore the HWIC-4ESW module.
> >
> > Works fine for me, the remote side must be configured for Multilink, and
> > the radius entry has to have MPP enabled ...
I have configured multilink, but I have a strange behaviour.
I can surf without any problems, but if I try to download a
file, it doesn't matter which size, the download freeze at
aproximately 620kb.

On the provider side, the "ppp multilink" is enabled on
the virtual template interface.
The radius user entry is enhanced with
 cisco-avpair = "multilink:max-links=2"

Here a cut of the client config:
 interface FastEthernet0/0
 description ADSL
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache cef
 no ip route-cache
 duplex auto
 speed auto
 pppoe enable
 pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1
!
interface FastEthernet0/1
 description SDSL
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache cef
 no ip route-cache
 duplex auto
 speed auto
 pppoe enable
 pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1

 interface Dialer1
 ip address negotiated
 ip mtu 1452
 ip nat outside
 ip virtual-reassembly
 encapsulation ppp
 no ip route-cache cef
 no ip route-cache
 dialer pool 1
 dialer idle-timeout 86400
 dialer-group 1
 no cdp enable
 ppp chap hostname ********
 ppp chap password *********
 ppp multilink
 ppp multilink links minimum 2
!
!
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer1

c1841# sh users
  Interface    User               Mode         Idle     Peer Address
  Vi1                             PPPoE        00:00:06
  Vi2                             PPPoE        00:00:05
  Vi3                             MLP Bundle   00:00:06 1.1.1.1

Provider side:
  Vi4          ******* PPPoVPDN     00:00:00
  Vi7          ******* MLP Bundle   00:01:20 1.1.1.1
  Vi14         ******* PPPoVPDN     00:00:00

magnum03#sh vpdn session | include adsltest
14254      39787      61870      **********, Vi14 est    22:40:11 699
14255      39789      61870      **********, Vi4 est    22:40:11 498

Any ideas ?

Both routers have 12.4(x).