[c-nsp] 3750 & Waiting for Stack Master Election (around 30 seconds)...

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Sat Dec 2 06:29:00 EST 2006

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006, Ian Dickinson wrote:

> "Give us the rope and let us hang ourselves."
>
> The right solution is that cisco fix the long delays so it's unnecessary,
> but if not, let us choose for ourselves.  Even 'no ip routing' is a valid
> thing to do in some situations - should they remove it to make us safer? :-)

Hey, I'm all for even more knobs on Cisco equipment; there's more for me
to fix and implement properly when they call in the (clueful) consultants. :)

(Cue rant about macro templates in the later switches and how one customer
turned on cisco-desktop for everything incl. dual-homed servers; the servers
worked fine until they were rebooted when the cisco switch started denying
packets for security reasons..)

Adrian