[c-nsp] STM-1 - TCP throughput

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sat Dec 2 11:42:20 EST 2006

This is slight off-topic, but while we're talking about TCP latency and
bandwidth: if a cable modem provider starts offering 10 Mbps downstream but
the RTT is 80 msec it looks like they can't much beyond 7 Mbps in TCP
throughput.  I can see how FiOS, which likely has lower latencies, could
have a leg up.

Frank