[c-nsp] Platforms for Rate Limit

Mattias Eliasson mattias at teknikmejeriet.se
Mon Dec 4 05:16:53 EST 2006

Hi

We are currently running a few 3560s with configs like this:

class-map match-all Cust1
   match access-group name Cust1

Policy-map Customers
class Cust1
     police 512000 128000 exceed-action drop
     trust dscp

int 0/x
service-policy input Customers

int 0/y
service-policy input Customers

ip access-list extended Cust1
  permit ip any xx.xx.xx.xx 0.0.0.3
  permit ip xx.xx.xx.xx 0.0.0.3 any

And we want to know the limits of this sollution.
The 3560 seems to accept 9 interfaces with "service-policy input
Customers" before complaining about hardware limits.

Dec  4 10:53:25.337: %QOSMGR-4-POLICER_PLATFORM_NOT_SUPPORTED: Policer
configuration has exceeded hardware limitation for policymap
FastEthernet0/15

Will a 3560-G or 3750-G handle more interfaces and customers?
Is there a limit to the number of acces-lists or classes / interface?
Is this limiter hardware or software?

Best regards and thanks

Mattias Eliasson
Teknikmejeriet AB