[c-nsp] Platforms for Rate Limit

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Mon Dec 4 11:34:06 EST 2006

According to
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5528/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00805b57c4.html#wp1426834

The port ASIC device, which controls more than one physical port, supports 256 policers (255 policers plus 1 no policer). The
maximum number of policers supported per port is 64. For example, you could configure 32 policers on a Gigabit Ethernet port and 8
policers on a Fast Ethernet port, or you could configure 64 policers on a Gigabit Ethernet port and 5 policers on a Fast Ethernet
port. Policers are allocated on demand by the software and are constrained by the hardware and ASIC boundaries. You cannot reserve
policers per port; there is no guarantee that a port will be assigned to any policer.

--
Tassos