[c-nsp] BGP features for 6500

Chris Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Mon Dec 4 15:38:43 EST 2006

 From the 12.2SR release notes:

"Although Cisco IOS Release 12.2(33)SRA is intended to run on Cisco
7600 series routers, you can run this release on Cisco Catalyst 6500
series switches. Before you do so, ensure that the hardware
components and the software features that you require are compatible."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6922/
prod_release_note09186a00806c096f.html

AFAIK there are no hardware differences to date between the 6500 and
7600 chassis models that affect software compatibility, with the
possible exception of the 7603 not having a fabric bus. And the 7604
requiring SXE5. And... :) back to your specific question, SRA1 should
work fine on a 6500.

That said, I believe BFD for BGP is slated for SXG; I'm sure Roland
or any other cisco.com addresses here can provide more detail.

HTH,

-Chris