[c-nsp] GSR12008 Line card Errors

Dwight A. Ernest dwight at rnktel.com
Tue Dec 5 10:21:18 EST 2006

That's not the problem. I'm successfully (though very reluctantly) using
those cards in the same platform, same IOS.

It's much more likely to be the card itself.

heh heh wrote:
> This card had gone End of Sale and the maintenance support date was Sept
> 2005. That means that cisco is no longer testing the support of the card in
> current IOSes. The End of Life date is Sept 2007.
> That might be your problem.
>
> Aaron
>
> On 12/5/06, Chris Lane <clane1875 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> IOS: Version 12.0(32)S2
>>
>> Inserting  1 Single Port Gigabit Ethernet/IEEE 802.3z controller (1
>> GigabitEthernet).
>> Console reports:
>> %MBUS-6-OIR: 1 Port Gigabit Ethernet Inserted into Slot 3
>> %RP-3-FABRIC_UNI: Unicast send timed out  (3)
>> %RP-3-ABANDON_DOWNLOAD: End attempt to start the linecard in slot 3
>>
>> Cisco website states:
>> RP Messages
>>
>> The following are Gigabit Route Processor card messages.
>>
>> Error Message
>>
>> %RP-3-ABANDON_DOWNLOAD : End attempt to start the linecard in slot [dec]
>>
>> Explanation    The line card had repeatedly failed to come up. The system
>> will stop the apparently futile download attempts for a period of at least
>> ten minutes.
>> Recommended Action    Repeated failures to download may be caused by a
>> badly
>> seated board. Reseat the board.
>>
>> I have reseated into slots 1,2 and now 3 with same symptoms ~ is this a
>> simple IOS upgrade needed?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Chris
>>

>> --
>> //CL

Dwight A. Ernest  /  +1.508.532.0650  / RNK Communications
333 Elm St/Dedham MA 02026 USA  / dwight at rnktel dot com
+1.781.297.2091 fax / GTalk: dwighternest  / AIM: daernest