[c-nsp] Sup720 & netflow

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Tue Dec 5 16:04:51 EST 2006

The rate is not really the concern, sup720 can collect NF stats at
line rate. The question is the number of unique flows & the
configured flow mask. Do you care about application layer data
(protocol & L4 ports) or just source/dest or dest IP is enough?

I think if you search the cisco-nsp archives you'll find several
discussions of NF scalability on 6500/7600, including the balancing
act between CPU/NF overflow/"real-time" stats.

Tim

At 02:45 PM 12/5/2006 -0500, Robert J. Adams noted:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759