[c-nsp] BGP Route Nailing & Reoriginating

Lawrence Wong lawrencewong72 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 5 21:49:13 EST 2006

Hi Joe,

Dampening would work if we have access to R3/AS3 and/or the admin of R3/AS3 is willing to come up with customised dampening policies for the specific AS/routes that were used in the example. But this would also mean additional maintenance overheads (both on AS3 end as well as coordination between them and us) if our routes changes.

As you have mentioned, there are more policies out there than we can imagine. Our goal is simply to "keep things simple" and "manageable" within the AS2 used in the example instead of trying to get the world to change their dampening policies. I believe this should be straightforward and conservative enough. But as our experience is limited, we definitely welcome suggestions.

And FYI, this is as real and complete as it gets in our situation.

Thanks,