[c-nsp] what's the right way to redistribute certain bgp prefixedinto ospf?

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Dec 6 04:56:23 EST 2006

cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net <> wrote on Wednesday, December 06,
2006 9:32 AM:

> I have one or two BGP prefixes I need to get into my IGP - what's the
> right way to get a specific BGP prefix into OSPF?

redistribute bgp <foo> route-map <bar>

route-map <bar> permit 10
 match ip address ...

But make sure you pay *extra* attention here, a simple config error can
melt down your IGP when you suddently redistribute 200k prefixes into
OSPF (and we've seen this happening at some large SPs :-|).
There is a safeguard config "redistribute maximum-prefix maximum
[threshold]" (see
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_feature_
guide09186a0080161063.html) which can prevent this from happening.
I would make this feature a pre-requisite here, so if you can't upgrade
to get this feature, I would not do it.

You might need to enable "bgp redistribute-internal" in your bgp process
if the route you're interested in is learned from an iBGP neighbor.

	oli